[Coco] [Color Computer] Ira's Archive (trs-80.com) AvailableFor Download

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 01:00:23 EDT 2007

Hello, I wish to comment on this matter immediately...

1) There is constant talk about the $30 associated with KDX, this is not a
fee that I receive but rather one the creator of the software wishes to
receive. If you goto my archive's website at http://vintage.tsfsc.com you
can see why I chose KDX.

In addition note that there is not in any way shape or form any requirement
or obligation at all to pay the $30 to access the information I am sharing.
The KDX client/server protocol is shareware and can be used for free without
requiring any payment at all. Due to this I resent any comments made about
me doing this for profit as this is absolutely NOT true!

2) Some people feel that I may be doing this for profit or to harm the
community...this couldn't be farther from the truth! As some people have
pointed out there is much more on my server then just these dvds with
regards to vintage computing files and more are coming, my goal can be read
both in the server welcome message and on my website
http://vintage.tsfsc.com. My intention as shown by the goal that can be read
in the previously mentioned ways is anything but to harm the vintage
community...

I want to help the community and am trying to do so by archiving all vintage
files I can find. I tried and found the dvds sold by Ira and put them up for
those who wanted them so that everyone could get them even though Ira took
them down as they are obviously greatly desired by the vintage computing
community...

I received these DVD's via the torrent and in no way started the torrent nor
am I related to the seeding of the torrent, I simply downloaded the dvds
from the torrent and put the images and their contents on my server for
everyone to enjoy

My intention is NOT and never will be to infringe on copyight...if you want
to sue me for trying to help this community it'll greatly sadden me but if
that is what the community feels will benefit it (instead of having someone
mirroring files for the community so that they'll be around even when the
original host goes away) then it's OK with me, it'll be interesting to see
how a lawsuit in court over 10+ year old software that is used only in this
unique community will hold up...

I really hope that it doesn't come down to a lawsuit and that instead people
will calm down and realize my true intentions of good. I realize I am new
here and thus my actions seem suspect to everyone who has been here for a
long time but please, I assure you that I am not a spammer nor am I someone
who is trying to harm the vintage computing community or this list by
intentionally infringing copyright law.

All I am trying to do is help the vintage computing community...and after
donating many gigs of bandwidth for free to the community you guys are going
to turn around and give me a lawsuit? I am very sad that this is how I am
thanked for my favor and hope that this will not become the end solution to
this matter.... :(

I also would like to apologize for my late reply, I have been working
heavily for the past several days and have not been able to catch up on
email until now thus my late reply...please, lets all calm down ok? :)