[Coco] GIME Question

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sun Jun 10 20:20:02 EDT 2007

Darren A. wrote:

> Does anyone know of a simpler way to change the COCO 3 ROM without
> having to completely desolder the original? I'm kind of afraid to
> undertake such a project. The CoCo 1's socketed boards are so much
> easier to tinker with.

You don't have to desolder the entire ROM. One neat trick is to lift one
of the ROM's enable pins off the the board, solder a socket on top of
the ROM, and install a switch. Then you can install your modified ROM
and have the ability to switch back to normal without having to open the
CoCo up.

-Mike