[Coco] ANDCC

Ries, Rich (S&FS) Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Tue Jun 12 10:25:07 EDT 2007

I always found "ANDCC #nn"/"ORCC #nn" to be a royal pain. Why should I
need to remember where the various bits are positioned in the micro?
Isn't that the type of thing the computer is good at?

A nice assembler would recognize "SETCC N" or "CLRCC OV" and translate
it into the proper hex codes. Honestly, in all my years of micro
programming, I cannot remember needing to set or clear more than one bit
of the PSW/CC at a time.

I guess an "almost nice" assembler would have macros with parameters, to
allow creation of SETCC and CLRCC macros.

--Rich