[Coco] 6309 andcc z,v ?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Jun 8 20:42:38 EDT 2007

While looking through an "as09.exe" assembler test file, I noticed
the following line:

                 andcc   z,v                         ; alternate

And the source code assembles without errors!  You would think the
author meant, "exg z,v" but even that is strange unless he means
"0,v" since "0" is actually the name of a 6309 register.  Actually,
there's two 0 registers, so in CCASM I call them "0" and "00" I
think.  I might add the "z" name in case someone is used to it, but
still... what the heck is andcc z,v, and what does it do?

Examining the code stream, I see that the opcodes for the above
instruction are:

$1C $F9

I'm not able right now to spend time running this through a debugger
to watch the CPU registers, so if anyone wants to check this out and
post your findings, please let us know what happens!

--
Roger Taylor