[Coco] GIME Question

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:51:17 EDT 2007

The SAM in the CoCo 1/2 maps addresses $FFF0 - $FFFF (interrupt/reset
vectors) to $BFF0 - $BFFF (End of Color Basic ROM). Does the GIME not mimic
this behavior? On a CoCo 3, PEEKing at &HFFF0 returns a different value than
a PEEK at &HBFF0.

I wanted to burn an EPROM with a new address for the 6309 illegal
instruction vector, but my initial tests under MESS didn't work when I only
changed the address at $BFF0.

Does anyone know of a simpler way to change the COCO 3 ROM without having to
completely desolder the original? I'm kind of afraid to undertake such a
project. The CoCo 1's socketed boards are so much easier to tinker with.

Darren