[Coco] [CoCo] Ira's DVDs

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 10:44:51 EDT 2007

If you look at Ira's page, he explains exactly WHY he is not
providing DVDs of his software:

----------

"May 29, 2007 - Status of DVD's of PAPER downloads
First, I would like to thank everyone who sent me emails. Emails fell
into three categories - 1) sincere thanks for what I had done for the
TRS-80, 2) kind offers to host/mirror, and 3) kind requests for DVD's.

With regard to # 3, I did not respond to any of them, prompting some
people to email a second and third time. As most of you know -
ignoring emails is not what I do, but I had very little to say. So, I
thought a news item may be best ...

As many of you know, some individuals had been selling (and some
continue to currently sell) the DVD's on eBay, and taking in
ridiculous amounts of money from doing so. When one individual
managed to sell each individual DVD of the 4 DVD set for $30+ per
disk (his donation to the site for all 4 + shipping was $20), I took
down the DVD link and ceased making them.

In fact, this person found it so profitable to copy and sell the
DVD's, that he was simply making copies and continued to list them on
eBay (his auctions show lots of 10, per disk). He had initially
listed the DVD's as a harmless 'I didn't want these disks, so I am
going to just sell them for 1 cent', but once the eBayers, in their
infinite wisdom, paid him 30+ per disk, he started making copies and
bulk selling them ... and that's a different story.

So, while I appreciate all the kind words and support, I doubt I will
ever make the DVD's again if this is how it is going to go -- so no
need to email asking for them."

"June 1, 2007 - Status of DVD's of PAPER downloads
Please note that I have never even once, and will never, include the
'software' from the site on the DVD's ... this is, as always, for the
paper downloads only (which have, of course, increased since the DVD
which Robert chose to list on eBay."

"June 7, 2007 -
Thank you all for your continuing supporting emails.

Three questions continue to show up, and I would like to at address
them here:

2) Can I have a DVD of the software downloads? Yikes. As stated
below, and while I do appreciate the requests and the financial
offers which have come along with them, I have never and will never
send out the software files on DVD."

-----------

I am guessing that Ira DOES NOT WANT those DVDs distributed.
Period.  There may be copyright concerns, since many of the manuals
and so on are under copyright, and if HIS scans of those materials
are then SOLD, HE may be liable.  That may be why all you see are
covers with the links removed.

Bottom line, though it sounds unkind : If you want a download of the
material on Ira's page, do it yourself if the links are live.

+||||||||/  HRUBIK APPRAISAL SERVICES  \|||||||||+
+|||||||/   James C. Hrubik, Sr., RAA   \||||||||+
+||||||/  Appraisal & Appraisal Review   \|||||||+
+||||||  Consulting & Litigation Support  |||||||+
+||||||\        V/F-(330)745-8435        /|||||||+
+||||||/    jimhrubik at earthlink.net      \|||||||+
+||||/ http://hrubikappraisal.blogspot.com \|||||+