[Coco] [Color Computer] Digest Number 1085

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 14:15:24 EDT 2007

There is a process by which you can take disk & cassette images that have been converted for use on coco emulators and write them to floppy disks on your PC and them use them on your CoCo. They can be found at Jeff's page here:

http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/trs80.html#coco3

The other option is to use the above mentioned utilities to convert the emulator images back to raw data and then use a serial interface and transfer from PC to your CoCo System.

Cloud 9 sells lots of PC & CoCo interface hardware as well. you can get a look at their options here : http://www.cloud9tech.com/

Hope this is helpful to you. I have a coco 3 system but I mainly use Emulators to run CoCo software as right now my coco archive of software and manuals, documentation and magazines is 1.3 GB so it would be a long process to convert them all to floppy.

ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com wrote: There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. The CoCo is alive!!?! Who knew?
    From: Brian Sumpter

Message

1. The CoCo is alive!!?! Who knew?
    Posted by: "Brian Sumpter" bsumpter at emediadesigns.com bsumpter1
    Date: Fri Jun 1, 2007 10:07 am ((PDT))

Hello all ...

I just found this list today while researching my old CoCo II to show
my wife my first computer. Needless to say I'm a little surprised
(and very happy) to find the CoCo is still alive and kicking after
all these years. So happy, in fact, that I just pulled my old CoCo II
out of storage and set it up in my office.

Now I'm on a software hunt! When I was a kid using the CoCo, software
was rare and hard to come by. I programmed most of my own games and
utilities, and although these are long gone now, it taught me the
basics (pun intended) of programming and began what whould turn into
a computer career for me.

Now that most of this stuff would be considered public domain, where
could I find some of the old software I lusted after in the RS
catalogs as a kid? Another minor point is I'm wondering how I
transfer this software from my PC to the CoCo 5.25" floppies? I
*think* I have an old 5.25" floppy drive somewhere in a box for the
PC.

Also, if anyone has a box of old CoCo II software on either 5.25"
floppies or cassettes they would be willing to sell, I'd be willing
to entertain an offer.

Thanks,
Brian

Messages in this topic (1)