[Coco] [Color Computer] The CoCo is alive!!?! Who knew?

Brian Sumpter bsumpter at emediadesigns.com
Fri Jun 1 12:16:38 EDT 2007

Hello all ...

I just found this list today while researching my old CoCo II to show
my wife my first computer. Needless to say I'm a little surprised
(and very happy) to find the CoCo is still alive and kicking after
all these years. So happy, in fact, that I just pulled my old CoCo II
out of storage and set it up in my office.

Now I'm on a software hunt! When I was a kid using the CoCo, software
was rare and hard to come by. I programmed most of my own games and
utilities, and although these are long gone now, it taught me the
basics (pun intended) of programming and began what whould turn into
a computer career for me.

Now that most of this stuff would be considered public domain, where
could I find some of the old software I lusted after in the RS
catalogs as a kid? Another minor point is I'm wondering how I
transfer this software from my PC to the CoCo 5.25" floppies? I
*think* I have an old 5.25" floppy drive somewhere in a box for the
PC.

Also, if anyone has a box of old CoCo II software on either 5.25"
floppies or cassettes they would be willing to sell, I'd be willing
to entertain an offer.

Thanks,
Brian