[Coco] Mathematical "unspeed" (was: CNC with a Coco

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Mon Jul 30 16:49:40 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>On Sunday 22 July 2007, George's Coco Address wrote:

> > The coco can step the motors just fine. However, doing the math to
> >determine the steps of the motors takes a long time.That's the bottleneck in
> >this project.
>
>I'd imagine.
>
> > To do a simple four inch circle, with resolution of 12800 steps/inch takes
> >about twenty minutes. I placed an ink pen cartridge in the dremel and drew a
> >circle with that. I think I may have gone into a coma waiting for it to draw
> >that circle.
>
>:-)

Holymygoodness, does that bring back "odd" memories -- I once wrote a basic
Logo interpreter: in RSBasic! It had the turtle and basic drawing
(penup/pendown/etc.), variables (including list) and most math available -
and to draw a circle in that...

... well, let's just say "Took quite a while." ;-)   [1]

But for what it was, it (to me, anyway) was rather impressive to my feeble
mind back then.  I still have the feeble mind, however, it's much less to
impressionable nowadaze. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] Do the phrases "Watching grass grow" or "watching paint dry" mean
anything to you? ;-)

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |