[Coco] CoCo 3 FPGA?

Nickolas Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 28 05:04:07 EDT 2007

Good work!!

This opens the door to a REAL CoCo4 in actual hardware.

My suggestion would be to aim towards a board replacement with a real CoCo3.

We would need to set realistic specifications for the CoCo4 upgrade and
make it a drop in replacement. A badge replacement on the top case that
replaces the "Tandy Color Computer 3" with one that says "Color Computer
4" (take out the Tandy since they had nothing to do with it).

I'd be happy with a CoCo3 that ran at 12Mhz and had a 256 color mode and
possibly support for an internal IDE.

But with the flexibility of this FPGA board, we could add more.

Nick