[Coco] commodore 1080 monitor

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Jul 27 00:05:17 EDT 2007

Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> For anybody that has answers, I like a Carbon Copy or a list posting
> on this too.
>
> Bruce W.

Ok, I've just opened up the shell on the DB-23 end of my Amiga -> CM-8
cable.  I've got a 74ls04 hex inverter in there, in a socket.  I've
soldered a little filter cap between pins 7 and 14.  It looks like I've
got pins 16-20 (GND on the Amiga's RGB port) soldered together and
providing a ground for the inverter.  I've got +5V coming from pin 23.
Then I'm inverting pins 11 and 12 coming out of the Amiga, which are
/HSYNC and /VSYNC, respectively.  That's it.  R, G, & B go straight
through.  Hook up the grounds as well.

Now, I don't think the CoCo 3 has a +5V supply on its RGB port, so
you'll have to find another way to power your inverter.  But it looks
like you just need to invert the sync signals to get it to work.

JCE