[Coco] CoCo Coding: Wow, has it been a while.

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 26 01:44:40 EDT 2007

Jim Cox wrote:

> I sat down and typed in some of the first few programs from "Extended
> Basic" and I cannot believe how much the little CoCo could do with just
>  Basic, and how different it is from modern coding (noticed I used
> different instead of difficult :)

Heh, I'm going through a very similar experience now - I'm using a C64 for
the first time in my life! The DOS really needs getting used to - you
pretty much have to write a BASIC program to do even the simplest task
that would normally be achieved via a DOS 'command'... such as formatting
a disk and reading the error status from the drive! - it's a 5-line BASIC
program!!! :O

Regards,