[Coco] Fedora Core 6 on a M305CRV Gateway laptop

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:18:18 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> Most linksys cards are using the Atheros chipset, and that is supported by
> native linux drivers quite well.  Its the broadcom radio corp chipsets that
> are the bad boys.

It was an old 802.11b card. I don't recall what chipset, only that it
wasn't supported natively. I think I was using Fedora 4 at the time,
and had really good luck with getting the card going using
ndiswrapper. The point isn't about what the card I was using so much
as that I had good luck with ndiswrapper then, so Roger should have no
problems using it under Fedora 6 :)

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)