[Coco] Fedora Core 6 on a M305CRV Gateway laptop

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jul 23 23:54:44 EDT 2007

Here's a page showing the possible chipsets in my USB dongle.

http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/belkin/index.html

This page possibly has the driver(s) to support it?

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/

I might be lost trying to actually add this to my Linux install if it
requires recompiling the kernel or something.  Oh boy.  I might be
better off just looking for a used distro-supported USB dongle on
Ebay, or get a PCMIA card.

However, Fedora Core 6 installed perfectly on my laptop and is
running just fine right now.  The video updating is actually faster
than on my desktop computer that is down.  When I turned on desktop
effects on the laptop and tried the multiple-desktop-cube rotating
feature, it spins pretty quick.  Oh... the video is stuck at
800x640.  I've seen that issue already so I knew I'd be dealing with
that, but it's not really a problem and might even help with my
remote desktop sessions since all of the desktop will fit in a window
under Vista without scaling it down under tightvnc.

The coolest thing I played with so far on my desktop box was bringing
up the Firefox browser under Linux and visiting pages, while showing
it on my Vista computer in a window.

--
Roger Taylor