[Coco] xmodem padding

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 23 11:55:18 EDT 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007, Paul Fitch wrote:
>Is there an OS9/6809/6309 tool to strip off the extra padding that gets
>stuck to the ends executable files?

There might be Paul, but its going to be specific to the OS being used because
the file size data isn't always stored in the same location for all OS's.

I always considered xmodem broken because of that, and have used zmodem
(rz/sz) for that, which has a much better error correction built in, and
doesn't let that garbage padding just to make up a packet ever get through to
you.

rzsz-3.36 is the last one I built & published for the os9 systems.  For rsdos,
I dunno as I more or less bypassed that phase of my coco life.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)