[Coco] Need to know if I'm in safe waters here

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:47:44 EDT 2007

On 7/21/07, jdaggett at gate.net <jdaggett at gate.net> wrote:

> IF  you store it offline then what is the need for the material other than
> for
> your own personal wants? Just to have it as part of your personal
> collection?
>
> james

Well, yes it could be used for my hobby...which I suppose is what everyone
else would be doing as well since the dvd can't be shared. But I also want
to preserve these files, sharable or not because they are a great piece of
history. I would preserve the dvd so that I could tell people that yes, the
application exists (if it's on the dvd) and I could help people use the
programs since I'd be able to use the programs as well and I help best when
I'm able to talk people through doing something while I'm doing it as well
and can see and know exactly what is and what will be going on. Stuck on a
level? No problem let me just get out this dvd :D

And hey, of course it'll be perfect for those times when I need some good
'ol classic entertainment :)

I promise 100% not to publicly share the dvd. I never have and never will
purposefully violate copyright/creator's wishes given to me by the creator.
I promise, this has been and always will be my stance. I find it a bit
frustrating that despite me stating this multiple times on this list people
still jump to the conclusion that I'm hear to still software and disrespect
the creator's as that is so very far from the truth. I'm here because I
enjoy the vintage computing community, I am still in the learning stages but
when possible I do very much intend to help out. I am very sad that people
have jumped to these conclusions about me but I hope that people will with
an open mind read the posts I have recently made and see that I have no bad
intentions and that this has all been a big misunderstanding caused by the
few people who originally started the rucuss and carried the misinformation
to everyone else without giving me a chance to properly explain myself and
my position on these matters. Please, with an open mind read my recent
posts. I am harmless, I honestly swear to god come here in peace and hope
that people will see this.

I do NOT want a repeat of what happened at cctalk in which people misread
what I meant by the archival post I mead and then started a whole series of
debates which consequently resulted in my demise from there. If I had been
given the proper chance to explain myself and  if everyone had kept an open
mind nothing bad would've ever happened. It is my sincere hope that people
will be willing to give me a chance here and with an open mind read my
recent posts. Please, lets all calm down and move along with the normal list
routine. There is no reason for any harsh judgments or actions as no one
here means any harm. This shouldn't have gotten so out of control and it
saddens me greatly that it has as there is no reason for all this bad
action.