[Coco] Need to know if I'm in safe waters here

David Grimmel navydave1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:48:32 EDT 2007

Briza Wrote:
I have been a Coco user since X-Mas 86. I need to know is what you Guys &
Gals think of my Coco Games Software DVD set. I intend making up.
On this DVD set will be nearly every game ever Done on the Coco computers.
Excluding Games that are still being marketed by Authors, Namely Nick
Marentas and John Strong. But the DVD set will have in it Games and Docs.
But not all games will have the Docs. As I have long lost them.
What I need to know is how you fellow coconuts feel about it. I have already
left a post in Roger's website stating my intentions for doing this DVD set.
So far All I have recieved is a Thumbs up to the idea. It seems a lot of
Coconuts would love to see this idea come to life. But As of late I have
been having second thoughts after reading all the crap dealing with Hex Star
and his preservation website. I'm worried that this set will end up being
copied and sold on Ebay or put on a website.
This DVD set has takened me 20 odd years of software collecting to get to
this stage. Like Ira I would be devastated If my hard work was to be used
for profit on ebay or website. So I might not even go through with my Idea.
But if I do go through with it. 1st I want to get the opinions of the
coconuts in here. secondly I will state that I will not be letting this
collection be used for purposes it was not made for. This DVD set is for the
pleasure of coco game players to enjoy games that have long disappeared or
just hard to get thats all.
And this set will contain games that are copyrighted. But I'm not going to
be making money from this adventure. all it will be doing is paying the
costs of material and time I spend cleaning it up and marketing. This set is
for the pleasure of the community nothing more.

laters

Briza

I'm giving you a thumbs up and would like a copy and promise not to share or
copy it (except a personal backup). If someone wants a copy I would refer
them to you for a original copy. As long as your not steeping on any toes
like Nucks, and John, I'm glad to see this collection DVD happen. And I'd
never put this on ebay. Thats just wrong.

(Navy)Dave