[Coco] Off-topic post -- but it has nothing to do with copyright infringement

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 21 12:25:16 EDT 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:19:32 -0400 (EDT), Aaron Banerjee
<spam_proof at worldnet.att.net> had a flock of green cheek conures
squawk out:

>All,
>   Sorry for being a little off-topic, but I know that I'm not the only
>one here who does other old computers besides the coco.  I just inhereted
>a Macintosh LC II.  In order to connect it to my network, I need some sort
>of strange network card that probably doesn't exist any more but I'll
>look.
>   In the mean time, in order to transfer files to/from this computer, I
>need to find a way for any other computer (Linux/DOS/Windoze) to read a
>Mac LC II disk.  We've got Cocoutil for reading coco floppies on a PC,
>surely there must be some sort of equivalent.  Any help would be
>appreciated, with either figuring out how to read a Mac LC II disk, or
>obtaining the compatible network card (PDS I think).  Thanks.
>                        - Aaron

The LC can read PC formatted floppies.  To read the Mac disks on a PC,
use MacDrive. http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

For the ethernet card, you need one that fits a LC PDS slot.  You
should be able to find one on ebay.

LCII Specs:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_lc/stats/mac_lc_ii.html

Stephen