[Coco] Using Velcro to secure CoCo and MPI

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 02:56:07 EDT 2007

Jim,

I see no reason why velcro can't be used for this, however, it would have to
be (a) thin enough so that it would not interfere with the connection, and
(b) be securely mounted on both the coco and MPI so that it could not be
detached by pulling the two apart. Some velcro comes with self-adhesive
backing. I would not consider this to be secure enough; at least, I'd add
something like a pop rivet or screw to hold it in place. I would put the
velcro between the mating faces of the coco and MPI. I think the MPI has
some rubber bumpers there already. You may want to remove those.

My $0.02

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.