[Coco] CoCo Collection CD discontinued

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Fri Jul 20 15:02:27 EDT 2007

Derek wrote:
> Just a question about this. It is not meant to stir things up but are
> the items on the CD collection under a copyright held by Roger? I
> have an old CoCo CD Collection I purchased for $9.99 about a year ago
> and want to make sure none of content is held under copyright by
> anyone here.
>
> I do share torrents and want to verify that none of what I share
> hurts anyone in the community here. (I have NOT shared the Coco
> collection CD ever.) Again I want to make sure that the items I do
> share are not going to hurt anyone.

Doesn't this fall under something like Ira's archive? What I mean is, if
the person compiling the archive doesn't wish for it to be sold /
distributed by someone else, shouldn't we just honor that?

I mean, seriously, if you want your own archive, just go find the files
you want yourself outside of other's hard work. It's obviously available
somewhere out there to archive on your own time.

I know this is a gray area here. But I think I'd rather play it on the
side of respecting those that we know and that are truly in the community.

Just my wee thoughts. :)

-M.