[Coco] Is it me, or are chiclet keyboards coming back?

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:14:22 EDT 2007

I had a coco3 and an MC-10 that I had connected via a 30 foot serial cable
which I made myself (using a BBS program I copied out of the Rainbow and
some terminal program on the MC-10) that I used for testing possible BBS
configurations should my wife ever decide to let me go ahead and run a BBS.
Sadly, neither my marriage nor the BBS ever lasted.  I actually had a lot of
fun with the MC-10, though I did find it awkward to type with.  I guess the
original coco (which I never owned) would be similar to typing on the
MC-10.  I still think the MC-10 would be great for displaying a scrolling
news/event/weather information/time thingy for a captive audience (say the
foyer of a cheap hotel).  I also experimented with that application - using
the coco to update the info displayed by the MC-10.
Sorry for rambling, I thought of the chiclet keyboard on the MC-10 and the
memories came flooding back.