[Coco] I have a Question on the Dragon 32/64 Computers

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 02:47:34 EDT 2007

Brian Goers wrote:
> I need to find out if the Glenside IDE Interface board will wok in the
> Dragon Computer?
> Anyone here have information on the Dragon computers. Like does the
> slot connector have the same pin out as Color
The cartrige connector is I believe the same, cirtainly I have used the
Speach Sound pack on the Dragon with no problems, I am also the person
who ported the Dragon SuperDos to work with the CoCo FD-500 cart, this
also works, and has been tested by a couple of people other than me.
> Computer, would the software run OK or will it need to be changed.
> Any info would be appreciated by the me and the Dragon users.
If the IDE board has onboard firmware, this would need to be modified to
work on the Dragon as the Basic ROM has different entry points, and
slightly different system area organisation. Under OS-9/Nitros I would
imagine that it would work as on a CoCo 1/2.

A more serious issue would be that like the CoCo the Draons only have a
single expansion slot, so to connect the IDE board and the FDC cart you
would need a Multi-Pak or equivelent, I don't know of anyone who has
tried such a setup on the Dragon, though I know no reason why it should
not work.

Hope this helps.

Phill.