[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Interested in FTP access on my server?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:28:46 EDT 2007

On 7/15/07, mccomber <doug.mccomber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since you obviously intend to post your plea for money on several groups I
> feel compelled
> to ask you again on each one (for the benefit of the 2 or 3 people who
> don't subscribe to
> all 3 groups):
>
> If you're running OS X then why not go to System Preferences->Sharing->FTP
> Access and
> save $100?  And any decent web browser, like Firefox, can access FTP in a
> "web" like
> fashion, saving you the need for your FTP site to be served simultaneously
> by a web server.
>
> Regards,
> Doug

Yes Mac OS X does have a FTP server, but when enabled all it does is allow
people to login to the home directory of user accounts on the mac. It does
not include permission options, connection options, custom messages, etc
without going through the song and dance of finding the ftp server config
file and editing it, and hey isn't the Mac OS X spirit of things that
everything should be gui? ;) :P Take a look at the feature set of CrushFTP
and you'll see why I'm so interested in it :)