[Coco] tandy2000 computer

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 20:25:40 EDT 2007

From: Derek <dml_68 at yahoo.com>
> I know that in the Pacific NW region Xenix was on the Tandy 2000's.  Every few
> weeks I was going to one store or another to help install the new 2000's when
> some manager was not able to do it themselves or if a POS crashed. Officially I
> was not supposed to even touch them but the District Manager would ask me to
> help because help from Ft. Worth was not exactly speedy.

My memory may not be what it used to.  I left the company right about the time the 2000 was brought in for the SOS.  But on my visits back to a few RSCCs, the system sure didn't act like Xenix.

> Ahh the days of Tandy 2000's and the monstrous DWP 230 printers..

The 230 was a Johnny-come-lately wimp.  The Daisy Wheel Printer II was the real beast.  45 pounds of steel and aluminum.  You couldn't kill one with with explosives.  Only way to render one non-functional was to use an IBM printer cable and plug it into the DB-25 proprietary video port of an AT&T 6300 PC.  (That port supplied power to the monitor).  That combo was a suicide pact for both machines.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

In the Galapagos it isn’t counted as a turtle unless it is the size of a Volkswagen bug. They sit in pools of green water and don’t do anything. If governments followed this philosophy, the world would be a better place.        Fred Reed, http://www.fredoneverything.net/Galapagos.shtml