[Coco] next question :)

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 5 06:07:09 EDT 2007

Bob Devries wrote:
> ok, now that I have working .CAS files for MESS, I have a question:
>
> Is there any way to JOIN say three CAS files together, in the way that
> they would appear on the original tape?
>
> The programme I'm working with has a BASIC programme, which, when RUN,
> CLOADM's two files, one after the other.
>
> It would be a pain having to unmount the first CAS file and mount the
> second, etc.
>
> Any suggestions? The old DOS JOIN command seems to be missing from WinXP :(

The sequence for this (using .wav which is more likely to work than
.cas) is Create a cassette image either from messgui or within
emulation, set the cassette to Record from the Device menu within
emulation, and then CSAVE or CSAVEM as needed. If more than one cassette
save is needed, leave the Device in Record mode and keep CSAVE(M)ing
until finished.

I can't think of any reason why you would need to leave emulation
without getting all the needed files onto a cassette. Once that is done,
there won't be any need to join .wav files with a WinXP command.