[Coco] [color computer] CNC with a Coco

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Jul 22 01:05:27 EDT 2007

Well, dogonnit!

 As I proceed with this project, I find that some things just won't work.
Actually, it will work, but not as I want...

 The X/Y axis were originally on the same table. As I progress with this, I
found that it is difficult to keep the chips out of the top axis(Y axis).
The X axis is okay. The plate is large and able to contain chips and coolant
(if necessary). However, the Y axis was originally on top of the X axis and
was vulnerable to to chips, got in the way and just plain wrong.
 So, I decided to rebuild the Y axis to be on TOP with the Z axis(I'll move
the head both Y and Z . This way, they won't have to deal with the chips or
coolant as they will be above the work piece.

 I was digging around in my arsenal of stuff and found that I have a total
of three, 24 volt NEMA 24 type steppers to do this whole project.
Originally, I had a mix of three volt, twelve folt and twenty four volt
steppers.. I built a new driver board with chips designed to do this and now
it's starting to look pretty good..

  I hope I get this project done before I die of old age.

Gene,

 I know this would be easier if I used more moderen hardware and a more
modern computer, but this is fun doing it with a coco.

 It's slow and cumbersome but, this is my project.

 Once I make my firat part, I'll probable toss the whole idea and go with
the PC and other stuff.

But

 I HAVE TO DO IT ON A COCO FIRST!

 It's a coco thing.