[Coco] MPI (Gene Heskett)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Jul 12 11:11:51 EDT 2007

 >> This does not bypass the slot switching of the scs signal, so it
 >> should still work when you power up the system with a game in the
 >> slot the switch is set to.

Gene, Arthur:

Since you both responded in nearly identical ways, I just wanted to
clarify what I was meaning by having a bunch of cartridges for my MPI.

I got my MPI as a child, and I know I have the upgrade to use it with my
CoCo 3 (had it on my CoCo 2 before I got my CoCo 3 as a kid).

I guess what I would like to make sure of is that even with those
signals tied (after the mod for OS-9) if I could still (for instance),
plug in my Disk Controller, RS-232 Pak, Speech/Sound Cartridge, and
Orch-90 Pak - and use them all under DECB.

So - could I set the switch to the Disk Controller, boot up in DECB,
then load UltimaTerm (or another comm program), and dial out a modem via
the RS-232 Pak? Or, alternatively, load up Gauntlet, and it would be
able to "see" and use the Speech/Sound Cart for voice output (I think
that Diecom game uses it)?

I am not sure DECB or any programs under DECB care about those
particular interrupts, but I just wanted to make sure it would still
work - or if the modification would need a switch or something to allow
the user (me) to "untie" those lines if I wanted to used DECB instead...

-- Andrew