[Coco] Some sad news to report

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Wed Jul 11 20:13:30 EDT 2007

To: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz
From: Boisy Pitre
Subject: Some sad news to report
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:07:38 -0500

Dennis,

Please pass this along to the CoCo List, as I am currently unsubscribed.

I had the misfortune of learning today that Todd Earles of CTRL-ALT-RESET CoCo 3 fame, and a former colleague of mine at Microware, died Monday.  There are two links to his obituary:

http://obit.ilesfuneralhomes.com/obit_display.cgi?id=435823&listing=Cu

and...

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/dclassifieds?Dato=20070711&Kategori=Obituaries&Class=30&Type=CAT1320&Lopenr=70600370&Selected=6

Todd was a superb technical person whom I had a lot of respect for.  He was one of the architects of OS-9 Level Two's Multi-Vue and the WindInt module which every CoCo 3 person has probably touched at one time or another.  In later years, he would also go on to create MAUI, Microware's graphical user interface framework.

Boisy G. Pitre