[Coco] Panasonic IC Identification

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Jul 3 22:57:12 EDT 2007

All:

I have a Panasonic card reader that has a couple of IC's (same #) that I
am trying to identify/locate a datasheet for. I suspect that they are
ADC's of some sort, but I am not completely certain.

The part # is MN6541 - I have checked panasonic semiconductor's site,
but it didn't have any datasheet for the part (new or discontinued - and
I paged through that for a long while to get to the MN#### parts - their
search system is BROKEN).

The only reason I suspect an ADC is because of how the read head is
hooked up, and the lines lead into a RJ45 plug - four of the lines are
5VDC, GND, RED LED and GREEN LED - the other four are ???.

I suspect either one is "clock" and the others are a 3-bit ADC output -
or maybe a couple are clock and a single line is 1-bit ADC output - dunno...

Thanks for any help you can provide - I just want to play with this
surplus card reader...

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale, Arizona