[Coco] [Color Computer] POKE 65495,0

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:00:14 EST 2007

>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>
>
><snip>
>
>Success with the this high speed POKE may be model or unit dependent.
>All I can say is with my Coco1 F-board, I never had a crash with my
>programs when using this POKE although video was temporarily lost. There
>is even a specific recommended sequence for changing CPU clock rate
>given on page 11 of the MC6883 data sheet which I never needed to follow.

-
I noticed that too. The datasheet clearly states that you can't switch
directly from FAST to SLOW other than by a hardware RESET.  It says you need
to first set R0 and clear R1 to switch to the Address Dependent mode, then
clear R0 to switch to SLOW.  However on my CoCo 1 (also an F-board), I can
just clear R1 to switch directly without any problems.