[Coco] [Fwd: Re: The Definitive Post on the CC-Five ;)]

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Jan 29 10:30:32 EST 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> Joel Ewy wrote:
>

>> Provide the CoCo expansion port and one could just plug in a
>> legacy floppy controller.
>>

> Yes, but it'd also be nice not to *need* a floppy controller either.
Agreed.  I wonder about putting in a slightly expanded register set
along with a couple backends -- one for manipulating floppy images on a
FAT filesystem on a large, modern removable medium, and one for
interfacing to real floppy drives.  Toggle a bit to switch back and forth.
> And the
> option for using 3 1/2" drives, for example.

Hey, I use 2 1/2" drives on my CoCos!  You mean high density drives, of
course.

JCE