[Coco] Orchestra 90CC

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 16:10:17 EST 2007

James,
While it's true that the ROM in the Orchestra-90 does do what you describe,
any third-party and OS9 software does its own handling of the data,
including the timing between the sending of the data to the ports.

So unless the new hardware has some way of knowing how much time to insert
between "packets" of 2-byte stereo pairs, indeed the FIFO will make no
difference. In fact, I'd rather think that it would completely screw up the
timing that's necessary for the Orch-90 to work correctly.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.