[Coco] The Definitive Post on the CC-Five ;)

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jan 28 16:05:48 EST 2007

Mark

The PIC7040 is a TMS7040  which GI most likely su bstitued their instrruction set
and labeled with their own part number. One of its key selling point was that the
customer could substitute their own instruction set for the TI's initial intruction set.
So it may not be all that beneficial to extract teh code within the processor
because of the potential of teh instruction set being non-standard TI
instructionset. It is an 8 bit processor that has 0/2K/4K internal ROM (TMS7000,
TMS7020, TMS7040).

In my opinion not worth trying to grab the code and decipher what makes it up.
Better to start new with a HC11/HC12 or an AVR.

james