[Coco] CC-Five (was Re: Pseudo CoCo4???) (LONG)

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Jan 27 23:39:13 EST 2007

> Well, that's the beauty of an FPGA - you don't *need* a video card, for
> example - the video can be driven directly from the FPGA. As long as you
> choose a suitable DAC, you can design in anywhere from 8 to 16M colours.
> Ditto for mass storage - you just need the appropriate connectors.

Well, of course, when I say "video card" I mean a circuit board with a
FPGA, a connector to the system bus, and assuming an analog output, the
correct DAC.  Maybe the mass storage could be similar, but with a CF
or SD connector.  Maybe down the road someone would want to emulate the
floppy controller in FPGA.  I guess the advantage of a system bus would be
that the proper analog hardware or personality adaptor could be included
and added/changed later as needed.  Just my 2 cents worth :)

 	Dan