[Coco] My introduction - a newbie

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Jan 26 10:33:25 EST 2007

As Torsten mentions, the CoCo's built-in sound is not the computer's
strong point.  However, even with its limited hardware, there are some
games that make pretty good use of it.  I've always found the explosion
sounds in Polaris to be quite satisfying.  And Mega Bug (Pac-Man-like)
says "We Gotcha" when you lose.  Dungeons of Daggorath makes a heartbeat
sound that speeds up as your health declines and slows down as you
rest.  Recent discussions on this list have re-ignited my interest in
the Orchestra 90CC.  I may get it out again and plug it in.

JCE