[Coco] web includes in assembly

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Jan 24 15:25:28 EST 2007

At 05:01 AM 1/24/2007, you wrote:
>Roger, That is a great idea, For assembly novices like me it is
>perfect, but you would have to have a comment next to the routine,
>So we novices can determine what it does. But overall I'd be 1 of
>the first to use this routine depot to access assembly code.
>I'm getting a feel for assembly language, I can look at a line of
>source code, And see what it does and it's purpose in the program,
>What is tripping me over at times, Is when I see a line like .LDA.#5.03000 .

I've never seen a line like .LDA.#5.0300.

I know that LDA #5 will load the value 5 into the A register, which
is nothing more than "A=5" from the logical perspective.  You know
that since A=5 that later on in the program you could ask what is
A*10 and the running program will produce 50 if the value 5 is still
in A.  It's that simple.  LDA #5 means "Register A = 5"

>have. Why make yourself work harder when you have all you need
>already. At the click of a key.

That's the beauty of a good IDE that doesn't require a lot of
preconfiguration just to get things to work.  If it comes 99% ready
to build and see it run, then what else could you ask for.  :)