[Coco] [Color Computer] Older site.

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jan 24 01:53:05 EST 2007

>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:32:19 -0800 (PST)
>From: Dan Olson <dano at agora.rdrop.com>

>Correct me if I'm way off here,

I wouldn't know, the last time I saw that particular computer, its pet
human was too broke to buy it a hard drive. ;-)

>as a valid hard drive controller, so you'd have to boot from floppy and
>run a special program to make this work. (I hope I'm wrong, an IDE
>controller on the 1000 would be kinda cool).

Well, the 1000 apparently *has* to load Kickstart off floppy... But it
may be possible to add the proper driver to the Kickstart image.  Even
if you can't, as long as there's an AmigaDOS 1.3 driver...

And even if you can't boot of the hard drive, it can still be useful
to have.  Fer sure, most hard drive equipped CoCos can't boot off the
hard drive.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA