[Coco] CCASM winclude/wincludebin

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Jan 23 17:42:41 EST 2007

At 02:42 PM 1/23/2007, you wrote:
>I'd never use winclude.  The net could be down, some people may have
>dialup (like me at the moment), changes to the libs could break
>people's code, updates could introduce bugs... bad idea IMHO.

In my opinion as well, it's too simple to go too wrong. :)

Most of the source files won't change, and additional versions could
be added.  No problem.  This is also just a CoCo/Dragon/Vectrex, etc.
feature since the feature is within CCASM, not really the IDE itself.

Perhaps the winclude functions will be more used by teams working on
the same project, where the author of certain components would host
their files for the others to include.  There's lot of uses.

By the way, while I'm on the subject of assemblers, Rainbow 2.0 and
probably the last 1.x update will let you add your own cross
assemblers and configure them from within the IDE.

Rainbow 2.0 works much better and I've added probably 10 assemblers
just by copying and pasting the assembler's root folder (a folder
containing the .exe and all support files and subdirectories) to the
c:\Program Files\Rainbow IDE\Assemblers\ folder.  It was easy adding
the ASxx series assemblers, but TASM (a multiple CPU cross assembler)
required more support in the IDE.