[Coco] More colors on CoCo 1?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Jan 22 12:20:00 EST 2007

> It does show a couple of extra colours, but I just thought they were repeats
> because the colours are 1 pixel tall and it's a bit hard to tell.

Yeah, I guess you have to know they are there to recognize them... :-)

> There are two horizontal text scollers (4 colour, palette 1) and a black
> mono text line that scrolls up and down (along with the black border lines).

Right!

> I think the big text in the centre of the screen also has a little bit of
> black jutting out into the left border?

Yeah, now I remember this detail... :-)

I now remember I had to shrink the code of the demo to make it fit into
a small memory area between the RAM2ROM loader and the Pak's data. I
even used sort of compression for the scrolling text graphics. Gosh,
this was 20+ years ago...