[Coco] More colors on CoCo 1?

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 15:56:05 EST 2007

"Richard Atkinson" <rga24 at cantab.net> wrote in
message news:fcbfde580701211204p2a6cc0ccj6b8fb7bacc2e07da at mail.gmail.com...

> How are you playing the Dragonfire ROM?

I used ADDCAS to convert the BIN into a CAS file, then I used Dragon Convert
(DC.EXE) to turn it into a WAV (you could use Jeff Vavasour's CASOUT
instead).  I then played it (directly) into my machine using CLOADM:EXEC.

Unfortunately, I can't connect to my webspace for some reason, so I can't
put ADDCAS in a link...  If you register at http://www.dragon-archive.co.uk/
then you can get access to DC.EXE in the downloads / tools section.

ADDCAS is posted on this thread:
http://www.dragon-archive.co.uk/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=31&func=view&id=888&catid=7&limit=6&limitstart=42
(registered users only again...)

Another option (if you have a disk drive) would be to use MESS' imgtool,
like this (get a JVC format disk image from MESS or Jeff Vavasour's
emulator):

imgtool put coco_jvc_rsdos coco.dsk drgfire2.bin

And then save the disk to a real disk and try that with:

LOADM"DRGFIRE2
EXEC

bye,
James McKay.