[Coco] Tano Dragon on ebay

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 12:56:13 EST 2007

Richard Atkinson wrote:
> I think the Dragons CA Digital sells are in kit form, not sure how much of
> the Tano Dragon package you see in that auction you actually get in the CA
> Digital kit.

Nope, CA Digital are fully assembled Tano machines, or they where 2
years ago when I bought my pair :)

> It would be worth having one of them at least for the NTSC composite output,
> to compare it with an NTSC CoCo. Also it would be handy to play Dragon
> cartridges such as Berserk with the proper NTSC artifacting colours.

Yep definatly worth having, the Dragon 64 (and Tano Dragon 64), have a
pretty decent keyboard that is cirtainly better than the ones on the
CoCo, for a start it has proper key switches :) I always wondered why
Tandy never put a composite out on the CoCo, as it's not that hard to do.

Whoever bought that alas paid over the odds for it, I seem to remember
mine only being in the $70-$80 range, and that included shipping to the
UK :) Mind they did take a couple of months to get here :(

Cheers.

Phill.