[Coco] CoCo and Timex-Sinclair?

Ries, Rich [S&FS] Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Fri Jan 19 08:41:14 EST 2007

I've seen all the "technical" reasons that people state for the
question, "What is it about CoCo and T/S that gets so many of us
interested in both?" In my case, my first computer was the TS-1000 for
ONE reason: it was cheap! My second computer was a toss-up between the
CoCo2 and a C=64. Again, price was a determining factor. Another was the
popularity of the C=64: I tend to be leery of things that are popular.
Not sure why, it's just the way I'm wired, I guess! ;D

--Rich

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:19:26 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Coco] CoCo and Timex-Sinclair?
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> My first computer was almost a second hand CoCo 2. Instead I got a
Timex sinclair 1000 a few
> years later. This is a weird coincidence since I kept seing ads for
CoCo stuff in T/S
> newsletters, and T/S stuff in CoCo newsletters. Zebra Systems (the T/S
equivalent of Disto?)
> supported both.

> There are liks to the Glenside club's web site on the T/S web sites,
and I've read in CoCo-123
> about T-SNUG members attending GCCC meetings.

> Why? What is it about CoCo and T/S that gets so many of us interested
in both?

> I could see the Atari & Commodore communities overlaping like this, or
even Apple & Atari, but
> why CoCo & T/S? They have nothing in common...do they?

> I'm not complaining. I really like my T/S-2068 with Timex disk system.
I'm just curious.