[Coco] Who made Dynastar (or was it DynaComp)?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 17 16:37:31 EST 2007

John Guin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I remember some advertisements for a spreadsheet named DynaComp (or
> Dynastar).  I think there may also have been a word processor to go with it.
>
> As I was browsing ebay, I saw this listing:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ANALOG-Analog-Computer-System-Simulator-CDROM_W0QQitemZ1
> 20074751425QQihZ002QQcategoryZ182QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Does anyone know if this is the same company?  The address seems oddly
> familiar.
>
> Thanks,
> John

You are confusing DYNACALC (spreadsheet) and DynaStar (word processor)
with DYNACOMP (company). DYNACALC was a registered trademark of Computer
Systems Center, licensed to Tandy for OS-9 use. DynaStar was created by
Dynasoft Systems Ltd for OS-9 use.

The product offered by DYNACOMP is "This is a full (not just a demo)
MSDOS product (will run in an MSDOS window with Windows 3.1, 95, 98,
2000, XP)", and is an analog computer simulator.