[Coco] Dragon to CoCo Conversion....

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 16:26:19 EST 2007

Chen Herzog wrote:
> On 1/16/07, Phill Harvey-Smith <afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Also due to the keyboards being wired differently I have needed to
>> re-wire the keyboard, this should not be a problem if doing a one way
>> conversion.
>
> Would it be possible to patch ROM to do a virutal keyboard rewire, for a
> true dual machine?

It would, though it would not be trivial, and also software written for
the CoCo, that directly reads the keyboard, e.g. most machine code games
  and Nitros, will expect the keyboard layout to be the CoCo one and not
work :)

The electronic re-wire could be done with a patch board and a set of
jumpers, or with some analog switches, I'm currently trying to get it to
work with a pair of 4053s....it' sort of working :)

Cheers.

Phill.