[Coco] Glove Final Release 2...

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 07:41:05 EST 2007

"John Kowalski" <sock at axess.com> wrote in
message news:20070117052855.436337D113 at qs281.pair.com...
> Good news - I tried the new version of Glove on my CoCo 3 and there is no
> more flicker at all!

Excellent news!  Thanks for the quick reply, I can send off the master tape
ASAP now.

I must admit to being a bit puzzled, the old version waited in a loop where
it played a bit of sound then checked to see if an interrupt had happened
(looping if it hadn't, updating the screen registers if it had), so it
didn't take that long before the registers were set (certainly nowhere near
the scanline being on screen again).

Unless switching the CPU from slow to fast mode takes a bit of time (the
audio routine runs in slow mode)...

bye,
James McKay.