[Coco] hybrid CoCo-CP/M disk

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jan 15 03:35:16 EST 2007

>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:04:23 -0500
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

>Not sure what you mean in the above by "group 0x4a". If that's gran $4a,

And here I thought I was being careful to use "group" to describe a
CP/M allocation unit and "granule" for a CoCo allocation unit...

Anyway, like the other guy already said, that was referering to the
CP/M filesystem, such as it is.

And I do also have to make a correction: Group 0x4A starts at track 34
sector 17, not track 17 sector 17.  This is probably what confused
you?

It's right on the disk, I just got confused talking about it later.

For this particular CP/M disk format, tracks 0 & 1 are reserved for a
boot image (rather there's one there or not), and so the "groups" of 8
sectors starts on track 2.  Groups 0 & 1 are the directory, and the
rest of the disk is data.  As I noted, this does not come out even on
an 18 sector/track disk.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA