[Coco] MacOS was Re: AmigaDOS was Re: model 4 cp/m

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Jan 12 03:01:43 EST 2007

>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:50:11 -0600
>From: Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net>

>IIRC the Amiga drives aren't "standard" drives either.  I don't remember
>the exact details, but I do believe that you can control more parameters
>of the Amiga drive and controller than you can on the PC.  Here's a
>quote from Wikipedia:

Yes, but the drives themselves are almost standard.  "Almost" means
that you can't just drop a PC drive in when the old drive dies. :-(

>So apparently getting the Amiga to read Mac disks is mainly a matter of
>exercising the Amiga's floppy controller properly.

Well, the board is part of the floppy daisy-chain.  The floppy cable
goes from the motherboard to the AMAX board.  Then another cable goes
from the AMAX board to the disk drive.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA