[Coco] MacOS was Re: AmigaDOS was Re: model 4 cp/m

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jan 10 03:36:14 EST 2007

>From: "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com>
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:34:52 -0500

>I used to run Fusion and Shape Shifter all the time. You are correct in you
>assumption that the variable speed 800k MAC disks cannot be read by the
>emulator unless you have Catweasle. Only PC type disks will work natively.

I know neither Fusion nor Shape Shifter, but to quote the manual:
"
[...]connects inside your Amiga to the floppy disk drive chain, enabling
you to read and write Mac format disks with your standard Amiga drives
- no Apple drive is required.  "

In other words, since I have the Zorro-II bus emulator card, rather
than the cartridge that plugs into the external floppy drive port, I
don't need a real Apple disk drive.  I was confused by some
*exteremely* bad formatting.

The Gods only know how they accomplished it, but they claim it
works...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA