[Coco] Sockmaster HiColor and Rascan IMG file format

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Mon Jan 8 22:55:40 EST 2007

At 07:03 PM 07/01/2007 -0600, JCE wrote:

>>> Of course, it would also be cool if HiColor could read in some other
>>> file formats.  Hey Sock, any chance you'd let the source code out of the
>>> bag?  :)
>>>
>>> JCE
>>>
>> You know..  I may as well just post it up on my web page.  It would be cool
>> if the code got upgraded/enhanced, or used in other projects - like HiColor
>> title pages for new games or something!
>>
>Cool!  I can even imagine a few kinds of games that don't require much
>processing during play that might even include small HiColor images
>during play.  A text adventure with graphics comes to mind.
>> I'm going to look into finding where I put it and put it on the web in the
>> next day or two.  It might not be the prettiest code to look at, or even
>> easy to follow..
>>
>Nobody will make fun of you, I promise!

I just put it up on my web page:
http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/hicolor/hicolor.html

Just download the new HICOLOR.ZIP file.  It contains a virtual .dsk image of
HiColor which also includes it's EDTASM source code, plus the .zip file also
contains the hicolor.asm and hicolor.bas files seperately for easy viewing
on a "non-CoCo" without having to extract them from the .dsk image..

I used EDTASM, but the .asm file is on the borderline of being too large for
EDTASM.  If you plan on adding anything you may either have to use a
different assembler that doesn't mind 32K+ files, or go through the .asm
file and delete all the comments to make room for more code!
btw - That's what I had to do!  Older versions of HiColor have more verbose
comments in the source code, and got more cryptic as more features were added :(

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/