[Coco] [Color Computer] keyboard problems

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 22:51:39 EST 2007

jdaggett at gate.net wrote: On 7 Jan 2007 at 18:37, paulh96636 at aol.com wrote:

>  If the  chlorine in tap  water were the main issue, the water could
>  first be boiled, but use of it would still
> leave deposits on the board(s) which could still cause corrosion esp.
> to fine traces and surface mounted components.  Worst case senario
> would be if a device such as a computer or camcorder were dropped in
> the ocean - let 'em sink; repair would be virtually impossible (I've
> seen it happen).
>    -ph

Boiling gets rid of chlorine as long as the steam does not fall back into the pot or
the pot is closer. Distillation is the best way of removing impurities from most
liquids.

Still Isopropol alcohol is the better route. The higher the concentrtation the better.
We used to use 95% iso at work. Bougth the stuff by the gallons. Does anumber
on your hands too. Dang good dissinfectant.

james

I've successfully used Windex to clean pop out of keyboards.]
-jim